Friday, April 21, 2006

Here's the Barf


Here's the barf yarn swatch, after a wash and dry. The picture is taken close enough that you can see the colors, which are lovely on their own. (Fuschia, turquoise, lime) But, when take a few steps back and look at them, your eyes can't figure out what color it is at all. I don't really know my color theory all that well, but I'm guessing you have two colors opposite on the color wheel and your eyes get all confused. . . I've started the waist shaping decreases (Shapely Tank) on the front, but not making quick progress.

Yesterday was a day from hell, someone rear ended me on my way to my mammogram, just for starters -- how could it get any worse?

Reading

Last week I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Today I leave on a trip with dd's girl scout troop to Savannah to tour the Juliet Gordon Lowe house. I enjoyed the book, it is supposed to be a true story, and I guess it is a little bit. Mostly it's about a *bachelor* (Southern codespeak for Gay) antiques dealer who murders his hot little redneck boyfriend. It has some little sprinklings of history and voodoo mixed in. I've had this book on my shelf for 10 years, and couldn't get it read, and that's just not like me. So, anyway, now I feel all holy for actually reading *the book* before my trip, and all clued in and cool. . .

And now a photo from my porch. I lost one basket to aphid attack (someone pass the insecticidal soap!) and will soon lose them all to the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines