Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cotton Socks



Finished the cotton socks. I can't make any kind of report on them until I've worn and washed them a number of times. I made a pair out of Fortissima Cotton Colori that were nice for a while, but suddenly became hard and rubbed my toes painfully. Yet they are still in the drawer, why can't I throw them out??

I was surfing for a lingerie project to make for Moll Flanders, my Knit the Classics book. I found their free pattern, the Shapely Tank. I think it will work perfectly for the Tahki Cotton barf yarn I've got. I would love to order some pretty Knitpicks Shine, but I'll be good and use stash.

This photo pretty much sums up Easter at my house.



Note the lovely Jon-Jon smocked with bunnies, the silk gown embroidered with bullion roses. . . Ha! In a way it's nice not have to bother, but just at the point that I was acquiring those kind of skills, the need for them disappeared, figures. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Neefer said...

At least, it wasn't raining.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines