Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back from Orlando


We saw Spiderman, and rode a lot of rides. Dd was at Seaworld Camp all week. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and went to Universal Studios. We also spent a day at Discovery Cove, the same day that dd's camp was there. We went to Sea World's new water park, called Aquatica.

It was fun, but I really don't enjoy Florida in the summer time. Thankfully, it rained every afternoon to cool things off. We were at waterparks on most days and just kept swimming, even in the rain.

Ds's favorite part of Florida is the creepy crawlers.

He spent hours hunting lizards by the pool.

He also found this giant moth, which was 3 or 4 inches across. I had nothing to show for scale, but it was big!  I like the architectural look of his markings.

This morning I went to school for orientation, and we're going to dd's school this afternoon. Hard to believe their vacation is almost over. School starts on Monday, and I'm planning my own little vacation as soon as they leave the house (break out the tequila). . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Congratulations on surviving the last week of July in Florida. The pictures of ds remind me of you at that age. You loved lizards and such. So, besides the tequila, what do you have planned to celebrate the beginning of school? (I'll be lesson planning, myself.)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines