Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Home, but Leaving Again


We had fun in Chattanooga. Here is a view of Moccasin Bend from Point Park on Lookout Mountain. We rode the Incline Railway up, which the kids loved. It's the steepest railway on earth and the seats and the floor are all at an angle. I hadn't been since I was a kid.

This is a freshwater ray at the Tennessee Aquarium. We found a letterbox stashed outside. I can tell the kids are getting older. No one wanted to play in the outside water features this time.

We went to Ruby Falls, which is a large cave with an underground waterfall. I think this was called the *cactus and candle stalagmite*. They let you touch this one, to get it out of your system.

I finished my Luna Lovegood jacket. I modified the original pattern quite a bit. If you want the details, Here is my ravelry entry with all the modifications listed.

Probably not a great style for me. I wanted to make it for dd, but she didn't want it, and I still wanted to make it.

I put glass beads around the bottom edge, which I've only tried a couple of times. There were a few frustrating incidents (beads all over the floor/knots in yarn/ much cussing) but it wasn't so hard to do.

I went to one of my mom's knitting groups while I was there. I admit I felt like the odd man out with a crochet project, but everyone was nice. One of my parent's neighbors had a pool party when we were there, which was fun for the kids. We met up with a friend who is living in China and visiting her parents too.

I'm glad to be home. We had the house painted (exterior) mostly while I was gone, so dh had to deal with all that. Glad I missed it. We are leaving for a week in Orlando this weekend, then we have a week at home, then school starts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

your sweater is beautiful! I do love the buttons. : )

7:46 AM  
Blogger Meg S. said...

I'm so impressed with your knitting! I'm making a blanket for my nephew. Funny how the sewing itch attacks me every so often.

I love your pictures. Please keep up the awesome blogging. It keeps me inspired to continue as well!

Nutmeg
www.materialmama.com

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines