Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Absorba the Great Bathmat


All right, no guesses, but here is Absorba the Great Bathmat from Mason Dixon Knitting. I'm falling in love with that book all over again. I made a dishcloth last night and just started on some linen handtowels for the new bathroom.



I haven't measured the finished size of the bathmat, but I made mine a little bigger than the pattern (7 garter rows on the log cabin strips, rather than 6). I used every bit of the yarn (3 cones of Peaches N Cream double worsted weight cotton, color Ecru). I used my size 15 Denise needles and the minute I was weaving in the ends my needle fell on the floor and the dog crunched it up before I realized what was going on and . . . I'm emailing them for a replacement.

Looks like I'll be working on bathroom projects for a while. I have three windows that need coverings or treatments. The question is whether to sew or knit or crochet something. Lace would be nice on at least two of them.

The air repairman was supposed to show up yesterday and didn't. I have a new Ottobre Woman, so a bee in my bonnet to get some patterns traced, but it's way too hot up there still.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Greatlooking bathmat! I like knitted logcabin, and it looks really good in a single colour too!
How do you like Ottobre Woman? I subscribed to Ottobre kids for some years, and thought they had nice,usable models, but then my kids got too big:-(

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines