Monday, August 20, 2007

Chevron Scarf


I can't believe how well my yarn matches the Harry Potter 2 cover art. I'm making the chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm just getting started on it, but it's going to be so pretty. I'm using Koigu (the turquoise) and Cherry Tree Hill (the red). I heard Brenda Dayne mention using some sock yarns to make this scarf, and remembered that this pattern was on my *I want to make that* list.

I haven't felt like making socks so much lately, so my sock yarn stash isn't being depleted like I want. A scarf is the perfect solution.

The tomatoes are finally in. I've been making salads with red onion and cucumber, along with lots of sandwiches.

I think that's my favorite part of summer. Tomato sandwiches.

The air conditioner is working again, although we've had to relocate the units, and the work on that continues today. The contractor thinks all the interior work on the bathrooms will be finished this week (with the exception of my closet). I'm ready to have them out of there and have my space back.

I got the latest issue of Burda Plus. There's lots of jackets, which I really don't wear, but I'm thinking I might make an outfit from one of the eveningwear patterns for dh's company holiday dance. I've been wearing a dark garnet red every year, and I liked the look of the teal fabrics they show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines