Saturday, July 14, 2007

Socks at Last


These have been languishing in the knitting bag since January, when I knit sock number one, and then I learned to crochet, and made some other stuff and the second sock never appeared. Finally, I pulled it out and worked on it this week, and enjoyed it. It can't be all crochet, all the time, around here.


The pattern is my standard 2X4 rib, that I love because it stays up on your ankles, and always fits even if your gauge is slightly off. I used Lorna's Laces Super Sock, don't remember the name of the colorway. I had a lot of yarn left, which surprised me.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the blanket. BTW, the baby isn't my sister's but her partner's grandson (very complicated, I know). But, he is a special miracle baby who may one day save his sister's life, so I wanted to make him something. The funny thing is, his other sister stole the blanket from him (she is 2 after all). My sister is sending some photos which I'll post.

Today I'm sewing and trimming ends on my granny squares, so I can finish up that project. Dh is outside with the kids in the pool and they are screaming their heads off fighting. Hah, at least it's not me today. The house is filthy with sheetrock dust and men banging their hammers and I just want to escape at this point. I've been reading a lot.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Lovely socks! Such beautiful blues.
That has to be the best baby blanket I've seen to date! LOVE IT! the colors are fantastic :-) Great job on both projects!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines