Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lizard Ridge

Here is my favorite present from Christmas:

It's Lizard Ridge from Knitty. I promise I didn't beg or even hint for Mom to make it for me. I thought it was gorgeous and sent her the link to the pattern (she isn't online and doesn't see these things unless I send them to her). So she surprised me with the finished article.

It's just so beautiful.

Check out those colors.

You can see the texture in this photo:

The curvy parts of the stripes are done with short row shaping so they stand up, giving it a pebbly texture. Very nice.

I am so lucky. . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is GORGEOUS!! Welcome back, Mary, and Happy New Year!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Happy New Year!!
That is one amazing blanket! Your mum is one super lady, what a fab present!! The colors! The texture!! WOW!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow, it's beautiful!

1:42 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

Hey, you scored! And of COURSE if you point something out, Mom will make it! That's what she always does with me, too. Congratulations on sending her a really great link.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines