Friday, December 15, 2006

Candy Cane Hat


Cute knitting images are here. Someone linked these on one of my email lists.

Wednesday morning I went to my first ever Stitch N Bitch (SNB). A friend in my book club invited me to go with her -- it's at a small LYS nearby. I have walked in on this particular gathering before, and I always feel like I'm intruding when I'm shopping in the middle of a party. . .

Everyone there was making socks, except me. I think most of them are taking a sock class there. I was working on this:


This is the Candy Cane hat from Handknit Holidays. I used Cascade 220, on size 9 needles. I made the adult size (ds's head is 20") but used the crown depth of the child size. When I tried it on him I could tell it would hang down over his eyes if I used the adult depth. . . He likes it, green is his favorite color, but he complained that it wasn't ALL green. Kids.

I am getting my money's worth from that book. I got it last Christmas as a gift (I pick them out myself mostly). I remember looking through it right after Christmas and bemoaning the fact that it was too late to make Santa Hats, etc. I just wasn't in the mood, but the book is so pretty. . . So THIS year I'm making up for lost time. There's a pair of beaded gloves I would love to make, maybe in January.

No parties this weekend. Our local high school football team is in the state championships, so I hope dh will take the kids and leave me home. I want to make a pair of PJ pants before we leave for the holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines