First of all, let me apologize because the photo quality is poor. Seems like wherever the light was good, there was nowhere to hang the robe. The only places I could hang it had terrible light, etc. . . .
I wanted to make a red velour robe, but discovered I didn't have enough red velour. So instead I used Hanna Andersson sweatshirt fleece, which I bought a couple of years ago from Fabricline. I was going to make it solid red, but decided maybe the white sherpa would look cute as trim on the cuffs, pockets and belt.
The embroidery, well, I am a grown up and I know I look like a dork wearing clothes with cartoon characters embroidered on them.
So I CAN embroider Rudolph on an item like this that I'm not wearing out of the house. . .
The pattern is Ottobre 4/2005.
I guess I must have drafted the pockets myself, and lengthened it. I made it last year in Blue. Now, of course, it's hard for me to remember the modifications and I have no idea what size I made. I guess I should go see if I reviewed it at patternreview. . .
I haven't been making holiday-themed clothing, because of the limited time for wearing it. But I decided that because I have two or three robes already, one more won't hurt.
I loved hiding out in my sewing room and working on it. Now I am all caught up with my podcast listening.
Today is my last free day before the kids get out of school. We are going out of town on Friday. Today I'm going to drop off some Goodwill items and finish up my shopping and baking. (Umm, on second thought, forget baking, I've got to fix fruit for school parties tomorrow, ugh. . .) Have a great day.