Monday, January 08, 2007

Almond Soap


I used an almond fragrance oil in this soap, plus a large amount of sweet almond oil. The fragrance smells a lot like old timey Jergens lotion, almond with a bit of cherry and vanilla.

I always use coconut, palm, and olive oils as the majority and play around with the rest.

After the pour. I didn't add any color to this batch. I should say that this type of soapmaking is called *Cold Process* or CP as the soapers say. A lot of people don't like this method because it takes about four weeks to be able to use the soap. It's not a problem for me, I can wait, and since I'm not selling it, there's no rush to produce it.

An hour after the pour, it has reached gel stage. See how it's dark through the center? The soap heats up and melts itself. There are varying opinions on whether this is desirable or not. Sometimes it can mutate your fragrance, but it also produces a harder bar. This batch smells fine, but we'll see when I cut it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

Ohhh how fabulous!! Now I feel like trying that too!!! :-)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

wowsa! Your an all around crafter ; )

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines