Monday, December 04, 2006

Elves

When I moved back to GA two years ago, I discovered the *Elf Thing.* Dd came home from school telling me that if you leave out milk and cookies overnight, elves will come. She wanted to try it, so I looked around for a couple of days until I found an elf at a Hallmark shop.

Here he is in his room that she made for him.

Note the tiny stocking on the wall (Last Minute Knitted Gifts).

Last year, she wanted to try for a new elf. I couldn't find one anywhere. I googled, I eBayed. I was getting desperate because dd kept leaving different combinations of food out and thinking that she wasn't using the right kind, and *could we go to the store and buy different cookies or make some?*, etc.

So I went into a ritzy gift shop and asked if they had any plush elves. The lady there said, *you mean a magic elf?* Yes. So, she gave me the link to the Elf Magic website. Apparently, Southern Living published an Article which launched their popularity around here. All the kids have them and bring them to school.

Maybe I am just a lazy parent. What kind of person spreads flour all over their kitchen at night after the kids are in bed to make it look like the elves were making cookies? Someone with TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS. Get a life, ladies.

Luckily, when we started *Elving* I didn't know the rules so I let her sleep with hers. That way he doesn't get out and into any trouble at night. . .


So, here are the stockings and sweaters I've been making. I think I'll use them as ornaments. We put up the tree but can't use any breakable ornaments because of the cats. These will be perfect.

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

I have never heard of such a thing as "elving." Remember, I am the woman who messed up the tooth fairy, waking Jackson, who then decided that not only was the tooth fairy fake, but so was Santa. As a 6 year old. I cannot fathom the flour in the kitchen thing. That's amazing.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

so far I haven't heard of elving either! flour all over the kitchen, do we *really* need one more thing to clean up after??
Sounds cute though, I love little things like that.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines