Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bread Bandwagon


I couldn't resist making This Bread. I first read about it in my local paper, and then when I saw it at Chocolate & Zucchini (the only food blog I read), it was all over. I followed her directions and measured the flour by weight rather than volume. It came out great.

Make sure to watch the Video. The claim is that a 6-year old can make it, although I wouldn't let my 6-yo near the hot pot it bakes in.

I used my Le Creuset dutch oven, which you heat up for 30 minutes in a very hot oven before baking. I think I might have damaged the handle on the lid, oops. Seems like it's only ovenproof up to a particular temperature, which I forgot.

The true test of the deliciousness of this bread was giving it to my 10-yo dd who does not eat bread crusts, ever. I enticed her by giving her a soft buttered piece of the middle, which she said was *just okay*. Then, she came back wanting more and I cut a big warm slice and buttered it. She ate it all. Even the crust. So it passes the test at my house. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines