Monday, July 24, 2006

Green

We spent the weekend painting. I took a photo, but it looks lighter than the real thing.

It's sort of a moss green. Definitely an *ick* color, but it looks so much better than the pinky-beige from before. Of course the carpet is that nasty pink/taupe naked mole rat color and now I want to replace it. One thing leads to another.

Dh is a fast and efficient painter, this would have taken me a week and he knocked out most of it in a few hours with a roller while I did the corners and detail part. I'm spending this week putting all the toys back on the shelves, dusting and vacuuming. Is this a lot of work for a 10-yo girl's sleepover? Yes, but I'm doing it for me, not them. It just needed to be done.

This week, I'm cleaning off the back porch, which is where the dog lives. Can you say dog hair? Everywhere? We also have tons of defunct pool toys from prior years that need to be tossed out. There is one backyard shrubbery bed that I want to weed and it contains a few sprigs of poison ivy, so I'm going to have to suit up for it. And it's real hot out there.

Meanwhile, I'm cranking out circular face cloths from Crystal Palace cotton chenille. I love them.

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

It looks like the back wall is green and the shelves are lavender.

Dude, check out my blog.
I posted pages out of that "School Days" scrapbook we all had. I'm in a nerd contest with another artist. It's unbelievable.

Vak

8:29 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

It looks like the back wall is green and the shelves are lavender.

Dude, check out my blog.
I posted pages out of that "School Days" scrapbook we all had. I'm in a nerd contest with another artist. It's unbelievable.

Vak

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines