Friday, June 30, 2006

Sewing Camp - Last Day

I met my 5 garment goal. Here is my unofficial SWAP (Sewing With A Plan)/capsule for Summer 2006.

There are 3 skirts and 4 tops. Most of them work with each other, or at least coordinate. I like prints and that makes it a bit tricky. Ugh, sorry for the blurry photo.

Yesterday and today I worked on KS 2976. I made one from the print,

and one from the solid gauze with embroidery:

Of course, now I'm itching to do a patternreview, and my picture site won't upload any new pictures right now, so I'm stymied. Wonder what's up with that? Maybe I need to see if I've paid the bill. . .


This is a nice little pattern. I love the narrow bias facings, it's such a nice detail-oriented finish. The gauze was difficult, so I used a coordinating print for the bindings. The gauze is thin, so if I decide to turn this top into a pajama top, then I might make some boxer shorts or pants from the print and use them as pajamas. I'm going to try wearing it as a regular top first and see if I have to iron it or not. If it needs ironing, it's becoming pajamas.

Last, I present a sock.

I feel like I'm cheating a bit because I've only barely started the second one, but I was loving how it looked lying on that beach towel after I finished the knitting, so I had to take a pic.

I'm leaving for TN for the July 4 weekend, so you won't be hearing from me for a few days. I hope to be knitting up a storm with my Mom. I might go back and visit Charlotte's Web if there aren't too many distractions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Wow! Look at you go! Love the blue print tank. Have fun with your mom, hope you have a safe trip : )

8:41 PM  
Blogger Linda L said...

Love the KS top. I have just seen it recently. Looks even better made up. Congrats on your SWAP. Looks good

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines