Thursday, July 06, 2006

Knitting!

I made a second sock over the weekend. The yarn for these is Ellen's Half Pint Farm Merino Tencel blend. This was heavenly to knit with. I don't remember the yardage, but I had a fair amount left over, which I NEVER know what to do with. I think my *stash* now consists mostly of leftovers.

I got Charlotte up to row 74:

I completed frogged her back and restarted. I had to frog one more time, back about halfway. My mom helped me fix a few things, like bringing up a forgotten yarnover a few rows. But we couldn't find the mistake that one time and had to rip again. You can see I am now using life lines. (The heavy green thread.) I guess I'll put another one in now since I'm ready to change to the solid navy section. I am much happier with the color changes now.

While I was gone dh went berry picking and brought back blueberries, blackberries, apples, and squash. That means I will be busy with some jam making and pie baking. I might give in and freeze some of it if I can't get it all put up. I'm taking the kids camping on Monday and I need some time to get ready for that. . . Summer is just flying by already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

I love the colors that you are using for Charlotte!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines