Friday, April 03, 2009

Spring Things


My spring seedlings are coming along nicely. I've been careful to keep the cats from digging them up this year, but when I open the sewing room door, they whoosh right in there. I'm trying a lot more types of peppers this year. Last year all my pepper seedlings were eaten in the night by a mysterious creature. Crossing fingers.

I finished the Branching Out scarf to go with the hat I made in from the same yarn. It came in handy at the horse show.

She was invited to the finals, which was very exciting. She got one blue ribbon and the rest reds (there were two in her class ;)).

Here is my progress on one of the cross stitch kits I got in China. The finished item will be a credit card holder, to give you an idea of the size. I started this 4 weeks ago and have only completed ONE SIDE. I keep thinking I could have knit an entire sweater in this time. I don't know what's wrong with me these days. It seems like whatever craft I'm working on, I always want to be doing something else. I really want to sew too, but can't seem to make it into that room because once again, it's a mess. Not sure how to get my motivation back.

Going to Savannah and Cumberland Island, GA for spring break vacation. Hoping the weather's cooperative.

Went for shopping and lunch with my neighbor friend this week and found the Most. Comfortable. FlipFlops. Ever.



They're called the Koolvana. My daughter had a pair last summer and I slipped them on to take the dog out and couldn't believe how comfy they are. I typically can't wear flip flips, so this is heaven for me and I can't wait to take them to the beach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines