Monday, February 23, 2009

More Shanghai

I thought I was finished with food from the last post, but I had a couple of photos from a famous dumpling restaurant, in the Yu Yuan marketplace.

Making the dumplings.

Look at the size of those steamers. The locals line up to eat at this restaurant, but if you're willing to pay more, you can eat in a sit down restaurant upstairs. I didn't get a chance to try it.

This is in the Yu Gardens, attached to the Yu Yuan marketplace. I loved it, we got there when it was very quiet, early in the week. It's exactly how I pictured China in my mind.

Me in a pagoda.

This is a building in the marketplace, hanging with lanterns. The lantern festival was the week before, so there were still some decorations up. As you can see, it was very smoggy.

This teahouse is supposed to be model for the picture on Blue Willow china.

This pic is a little small, but I hope you get the idea.

This is the view from our hotel room window. Skyscrapers as far as you can see. What an amazing place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

I'm so jealous! But I'm glad you had a good time! :^)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines