Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrr


For some reason, I can't get the photos re-ordered for this post, so I'll go out of my intended order. Here's the backyard dog with her beer can. She's trying to stop, I promise.

My first crocheted sock. I just loved this pattern, Beaux Jestes Socks, from the Fall Interweave Crochet. Over the holidays, my mom and I went to a new little yarn shop in her area and they had solids of Brown Sheep Wildfoote sock yarn. A lot of people don't like this yarn, but I've knit a couple of pairs out of it and it seems fine to me, maybe a little splitty. I have one pair that I made in 2003 that I still wear and love.

The only plants living in my Fall garden. I'll call them *baby* spinach, possibly embryonic spinach. . .

The birdbath this morning. It's really cold here, I've been battling freezing pipes, etc. Things are better today. We have cub scout activities and a horse show this weekend, so lots going on.

Looks like I'm going along w/dh on a trip to China next month. I got my Visa application in on Friday, which might be slow because of Chinese New Year coming up. I'll be visiting a high school friend in Shanghai while dh is working. I'm excited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

I love that sock!

I hope you have a fun time in China. How exciting!!!!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

a trip to China? How very exciting! Lovely sock

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines