Monday, August 25, 2008

New Colors

We had the house's exterior painted back in July. The painters did a nice thorough job, lots of prepping, scraping, caulking, replacing bad boards, etc.  So last week we had them back to do the interior. I decided to go much bolder with my colors:


Red Jalapeno (all paints are Behr from Home Depot). This photo looks a little washed out. I said I would never have a red room -- *redrum, redrum* goes through my mind, but I figure I'll change it if I hate it too much.


This photo is pretty washed out too, it's actually a much warmer shade, called *peanut butter*. It looked really orangey after the first coat, but now I love it. I used it in the living room and the hallways and stairways.

In the kitchen/breakfast area, Herbal Garden. It is so bright, but I love it. I experimented with a more avocado shade in the basement, but I decided to try this clear, springy green instead. I have plans for a high contrast black/white print for the window curtain and chair seat cushions.

So now I need to make new curtains for the living and dining rooms. I think I'll go with an ivory that reads like a solid but has a little texture woven in. I looked at JoAnn's and Hancocks. Didn't see anything I loved, but a few things I could live with if I got them on sale. I'll need at least 25 yds for this project, so I need to find a deal.

I've been feeling very restless and unfocused lately. I think mostly because the kids are back at school and I'm supposed to be GETTING THINGS DONE. . . I have piles and piles of junk to sort through as a result of moving all the clutter out of the pantry so it could be painted.

Mostly I've been futzing in the garden, trying new vegetable recipes, working on the February Lady sweater. I'm glad I didn't enter the Knitting Olympics after all, I still have two sleeves to go.


This little booger is keeping me busy too. She's starting to war with the cats more and more, such a funny thing to see. Took her to her first vet visit and she got a clean bill of health, although her ears needed scrubbing. Dd is taking an obedience course with her starting after Labor Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

you did pick out some beautiful colors for your rooms! *snicker* I love that pic of your puppy!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines