Friday, June 18, 2010

A Teeny Harvest


Last weekend I picked a bunch of zucchini, squash, and pumpkin blossoms and made cheese-stuffed, fried blossoms. Fantastic! I had these as an appetizer in Italy last year. There are tons of recipes on the internet if you want to try it. Great way to use the male blooms.

I'm growing some cherry tomatoes this year. Hoping they will mature and ripen faster than your average size tomato.

Green bean vines are producing about a handful a day. Maybe I'll have enough to cook a mess by the end of the week?

The first zucchini. I hope I can harvest a few more before the borers strike. Yesterday the local paper had a huge photo of borer damage on a squash vine and basically said it was a difficult problem to solve. I put some foil around the stems but now I'm worried that I won't be able to see what's happening under there.

Not much else going on except lots of time in the pool and keeping an eye on the garden.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines