Wednesday, June 09, 2010

June


I got to this point on doily about a month or so ago, when I realized that I was short one repeat, so I tried to add in an extra (where the pencil is pointing in the photo). I know I can't get away with it and I need to rip it out back to the starting row, but can't bring myself to do it. None of my crafty projects are going anywhere.

Mostly when I'm not working, I'm reading. It seems like it's all I have the energy for and yet I do feel bored often. Making an effort to have people over seems to help a bit.

I'm also watching the garden grow.

Butterfly Bush. Low maintenance, does its job of attracting butterflies.

Green beans on the fence, okra is the small plant in the foreground.

Dh's giant pumpkin experiment. So far it's responding well to the constant watering. I'm keeping an eye out for the dreaded stem borers.

Blue hydrangea. These are everywhere in the south, so I guess I shouldn't be so proud, but I planted 5 of these about 3 or 4 years ago and only this one survived. Last year it was tiny and only had one bloom on it, so it's nice to finally see it doing well. (Probably because we cut a tree down behind it.)

It's going to be a quiet summer. Not many trips planned, kids are doing a few short camps and volunteer projects. Dh's job ends at the end of the month, so we will be trying to figure all of that out. In a way it was good to finally get the bad news we were waiting for, but scary too. My job isn't as busy as it could be, but I'm hoping that business will pick up and I can get more hours. Working from home is wonderful compared to commuting. I have so much more time and can get all my chores done at once, even with kids in the house (late sleepers).

1 Comments:

Blogger mermaids said...

the key to growing hydrangeas is neglect. leave them alone. don't prune them. in the winter, just leave the dried stalks where they are. i have one giant one and another one that will be giant next year.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines