Monday, April 05, 2010

I Sewed (But I Hate It)!


This is a top from the Spring/Summer Ottobre Woman. I know this isn't a great style for me, so I used my least favorite cotton voile that I ordered recently from fabric.com. The scale of the print is bigger than I realized, the top has way too much volume to be flattering. I have a few poly sheer print peasant tops I've bought from Target and other RTW places and they don't use so much fabric, I think.

Oh well, the fabric was a dream to work with and I loved the actual construction of the top. It went together great. I had posted a photo of it without the belt tie, but it was SO BAD. A muu-muu. . .

I've been working for three weeks now, commuting in every day while the kids are at school. I took this week off for spring break, but I think when I go back I'm going to request the work from home option, beginning as soon as possible. I don't want to have to buy any more work clothes or pack any extra lunches. I feel like my day will be so much better without the 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive time. I am in awe of people who do this every day. . .

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

I've bought that magazine too, and this is one of the few models I'd like to sew. But I'd make it a lot longer...

It's not fun to sew something and then be unhappy about it.

9:54 AM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

I dunno, I think it's pretty flattering actually.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I think it's cute on you. Do you think this pattern would make a maternity top. It's for my daughter who is small. Maybe just make it longer?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Dana, I think that would work great. Just lengthen it a bit in the front, depending on how big she is.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines