Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden


Can't wait for the tomatoes to get ripe. I've seen a few of my neighbors selling theirs by the roadside, but mine are ripening so slowly. . .

This is my first try at bell peppers. They are supposed to get red, so I'm going to leave them on the plant for longer. It's tempting to go ahead and harvest them, before something gets them. I have a ton of jalapenos and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I'll probably make some jelly, but I have more than I can use for that.

Okra blossom. I made fried okra the other night. I really love it, but I'm the only one at my house who does. . .

Gazania. I grew a couple of these plants from seed and they are blooming beautifully right now. The blooms are very distinctive looking and they can take the heat very well.

I'm leaving for a week in Wyoming tomorrow, we're staying at Yellowstone for part of the time. I hate to leave my garden right when everything's coming in, but this should be my last trip of the summer. Dd is already ready for school to start. We've been gone a lot and she's missing her friends (although they text each other all day and night long!). . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines