Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Black Skirt


I made this skirt from Ottobre on Sunday.

Okay, for the photo I pulled it wrinkled out of the laundry basket, but I wore it to a funeral yesterday with a black t shirt and black embroidered linen jacket. I realized I had nothing to wear except a winter skirt from faux suede, so I managed to find a length of black cotton/lycra jersey. It had some bleach spots on it, so I had to cut carefully. It's a 10 gore skirt, and I love using one pattern piece, so easy.

Ottobre fits me well, I didn't even have to shorten this one. I only made a small adjustment for tilted waist. It's nice knowing you have some patterns that will always fit with very little tweaking.


Green beans are going gangbusters.

Tiny baby jalapenos.

The skirt gave me the itch to make a few more things. I don't really have any fabric that I love right now, so maybe it's time to shop a little bit. My rotary cutter is about as sharp as a mill wheel, so I need to go to JoAnn's for new blades.

I've got a knitting project going, but I think I'll wait until there's more progress to post it. Getting ready to go out of town again next week, whew. . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

The skirt looks great! I've always liked Ottobre, they have patterns that actually fit! I've bought Burda-magazines for several years too, but those models are not for everyone...

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines