Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Annette from Knitty


I just finished up Annette from Knitty. Details are at Ravelry. I wore it out to dinner last night and I love it. Now I wish I had one in white or cream, and it's fast and easy enough to make it quickly. I was at my parents' last week, so I had a little more time to knit (no chores!) and I managed to finish the knitting there.

Here's a photo of it blocking, the stitch pattern is *fishnet*. You start at the bottom and knit up and it's made all in one piece.

Closeup of neckline. This is some yarn I had in stash, St. Tropez from Almedahls. It's a blend of cotton, linen and acrylic. I have three balls left and I have no idea what I'll do with them. I guess it's enough for a scarf or something.

I caved and bought some silk dupioni curtains from Pottery Barn last week. I wanted to sew them, but my windows in my living and dining room have been bare for a year since we repainted and I just wasn't motivated. They were on sale enough that I don't feel too guilty about it. I want to make only what I enjoy making and not feel like I have to sew EVERYTHING.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

really like your top! Beautiful color, and the fabric is quite beautiful.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines