Friday, February 02, 2007

Bad Batch - 24 hours later

I include this photo from yesterday, to show you just how dark the soap turned. This was when it began the lava flow action. I can't believe that color. (Sorry for the overexposure. Bad lighting in my pantry.)

Here is the same tube today. Looks like a cowboy boot? A cowboy boot made of baby poop!

Tiger says *yuck, what a mess. Good clean fun?*

This photo shows the contrast between the soap in the molds, which didn't superheat. It's a nice gorgeous gold color.

The molded soaps show a little unintended marbling, which means I might not have mixed it well enough. Time will tell whether these are good or not.

The irony is that the diarrhea soap smells fantastic. . . The beeswax and honey is so subtle and mild and sweet. I love it. I'll probably save some hunks of this and try to rebatch it somehow.

I'll probably try this soap again soon, using wooden molds. I need to restock my supplies first.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

"diarrhea soap"

LOL! Sorry it didn't work out. Your soapmaking has been very interesting to me though, fun to watch.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

Wow! How hard will it be to get the soap out of those molds? Do you grease it up first?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Esther, yes I use cooking spray in all the molds. Amazingly this soap slid right out -- I think it's because the texture was still very soft. I expect it to become rock hard in a couple of days due to the beeswax content.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines