Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sewing Camp - Day 3

Here's the jacket I made today.

I love this pattern, Jalie 2319. This WHITE JACKET has become a wardrobe staple, and I get lots of compliments on it, so it was time to make it again.

Here's a picture of the zipper, after I sewed on the grosgrain ribbon. I also cut a short piece for the zipper pull, an idea I stole from a Vera Bradley bag. Oh, and yeah, the zipper ribbon idea comes from Nancy Cornwell, not *Susan Cornwall* or whatever I said yesterday. Doh!

Here's another overall shot, so you can see how the zipper tape shows when it's open a little.

I put a small insert of the ribbon into the sideseam to look like a tag. This is what fools most people into thinking it's RTW.

Here's a neckline closeup. I put the collar in upside down the first time (darn one-piece collars -- I always forget that it's NOT RST.)


You can see a lot of iron marks, from where I was applying steam-a-seam to the pockets and zipper, but I used a synthetic setting and my experience has been that it washes out and fluffs back up with a trip through the washer and dryer. I applied fusi-knit to the back of the fair isle section on the sleeves and it limited the stretch more than I would have liked, but I had to do something about my long, long, floats that I haven't learned how to weave in yet.

The housework is suffering and I'm behind on my reading and gardening, but I'm having fun working on things. I have to make myself check the clock so I don't miss a carpool pick up. Time flies and all that. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Mary, Great jacket!! Did I miss a mention of it -- did you knit the "yardage" too? I'm ultra impressed.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines