Monday, May 11, 2009

Nightie


I made another nightie, it's a Kwik Sew pattern, probably discontinued, don't see it at their site. I had to shorten the area between shoulder and bustline, to bring up the neckline and armholes, but now the pattern is perfect. It takes just over a yard of 60" knit fabric to make one, very fast and simple.

Closeup of neckline finish. I remember that this lace trim faded very badly when I used it before. I don't think it will break my heart if it fades, but it looks nice now, and I used all of it up. I have a very ancient elastic stash and that stuff goes bad, so it's risky to use it.

I took up the shoulders on the light blue nightie, still kind of saggy but at least the neckline isn't open down to my belly button anymore.

A day's strawberry harvest. It's been very wet, and they're a little buggy, but you can cut the bad parts off.


Dh brought me some tulips from Holland (Amsterdam airport, actually). The cats haven't knocked them over yet, yay!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Strawberries already???Yummy!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Love your new nightie! Some day I hope that I can sew better. mmmm strawberries beautiful tulips too!

btw I tagged you :)

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines