Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Totoro, Felted


Here he is felted and with whiskers added. He's a little wall eyed, but I like it. The felting made him more short and squat and his ears lost their pointiness. The white yarn kept its stitch definition and didn't felt as well as the gray, but I think it's typical for white not to felt.

I started the medium sized blue one, but ripped it out and restarted last night because he was too big. Maybe I'll get him knitted today.

Yesterday's trip to Hancock's was heartbreaking. They are closing MY STORE. Yes, I consider it my personal store because it is 5 minutes away from me, it's clean, the people who work there are nice, and I know where to find everything. Also, I have fond memories of finding Carter's baby knits on their flatfold table back when ds was born (he's now 6).

On the plus side, everything was 20% off, and KS patterns were 30%. I was a bit overwhelmed by it all, so I forgot to buy more polyfil. I think I'll make a list and stock up on sewing machine needles and interfacings tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg S. said...

Lovely little doll!!!!

My Hancock's closed last year. I was so sad as well. At the end they were selling off bins and tables, so there were good deals to be had. Sadly, I don't have room for cutting tables etc. Also, all patterns were .99 EXCEPT KS! They were all duct taped up to send to another store.

I hope all is well with you and yours!

meg aka nutmeg

1:31 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Totoro is adorable! Love him, yes I do:)

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines